Observable Warning Signs of Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a serious and deadly disorder wherein the normal breathing is paused for several seconds during sleep. Such interruptions or pauses in breathing may beoccurring for hundreds of times every night.
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute has identified following warning signs and observable symptoms of sleep apnea:
- Chronic and loud snoring that may be interrupted by a pause, followed by a gasping or choking sound.
- Feeling very sleepy during the day, or even falling asleep while working or driving.
- Having headaches, a sore throat or dry mouth in the morning.
- Struggling with learning, concentration or memory.
- Noticing changes in mood or feeling depressed or irritable.
- Waking up often during the night to urinate.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!